Wednesday, September 23, 2009

aha, ki anando akashe,batashe!



god, give me back those days ... when dreams ruled, when love was still in the air, when the world around was yet so pristine... when life was something that happened between the pujas. those were the days, when new clothes still smelled yummy. when new shoes that hurt still hadto be worn. when sitting in one corner of the pandal, admist the hustle and bustle around one could see the devi taking shape. those indeed were thedays, when one could look the gods in their eyes and communicate ... today as another puja approaches, when the lights illuminate the horizons in all their splendour, when the pandals that have become huge domes of creativity sprout up from nowhere, when many sets of new clothes do not exite the way they used to i wonder, where hasthe spirit gone? has the world as i knew it changed? has the spirit of the pujas got waylaid while nobody was watching? have i lost my innosence? has mychildhood, my way of looking at the world around been chorroded into some intangible form? as i sawthe little boy yesterday, thoughts flooded into my mind. a tsunami of emotions that hit the solar plexus with a blow whose sheer punch had me reeling.... god, give me those eyes of my childhood ... let me look at you anew!   

No comments:

Post a Comment